Thursday, July 21, 2011

Changing of seasons!

Life is amazing with all the different stages we hopefully exist long enough to go through! Since the death of my mother in March, I have changed jobs. Changing jobs was not something I wanted to do. I grew to understand that I was there for a season and now this is the season for more changes. I miss my former coworkers and direct patient care. I love my new coworkers and while not doing hands on nursing anymore, really feel that I am helping patients in my new job. So it's all good.

Our youngest son will soon be leaving on a mission and our nest will be empty. At least until he returns home in two years. We anticipate he will live with us for a bit to launch into his transition back to college life. Although he doesn't have to do that. We have always had that standing offer to our children to live at home and save pennies while they're obtaining education.

So my husband and I will have our season, once again, to be in our home, just the two of us. I am so thankful that our friendship has endured these 33 years. I came across this quote by James Dobson the other day that is so appropriate to us. "The relationship between a man and wife is less strained in the mid-life years if they have protected and maintained their friendship since they were newlyweds."

We've been very fortunate to not have too many bad moments over the years. Our worst time came from outside interference. We learned to communicate, communicate and to not give in to the temptation to utilize passive-aggressive behaviors. We are each other's cheerleaders. That's why I will sit in 90+ degree heat and cheer for him at baseball games. That's why he has done all the wonderful things to support me in my personal endeavors over the years. Participating in a healthy marriage is wonderful and beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. You two really are inspiring to me. I hope Drew and I laugh together as easily as you two do when our kiddos are grown!

    ReplyDelete